Monday, January 26, 2009

A Brief Update

Time is flying by! January is almost over and it feels like it's still Christmas! That is, in part, because I am just now getting around to taking down our Christmas tree. I finally un-decorated it today while I was cleaning - now it's up to Lu to get it put away! Needless to say, things around here have been busy as usual. Here's a quick blurb on everyone and what we've been up to...

Lu is working, working, working. He's having fun researching camping trailers, since this is "our year" to finally get one! We all love camping, and are SO looking forward to the luxuries of camping in a trailer and not a tent!

I am busy with work, even though I don't work in the office much anymore. Every day seems busy although with what, I don't really know. I guess that's the joy of being a mother!

Gibson is bored out of his mind most of the time. He really really wants to play outside, but it's just too cold (for me, not as much for him!). So we read and play games - a lot. He surprised me the other day by singing the "Days of the Week" song - what the... where did he learn that?! Preschool, of course! It's so fun to watch him as his mind expands as he learns - from Preschool type material to the principles he's learning in Primary. His small little world is growing every day...right before my eyes!

Georgia has had an eventful few weeks. Her feet are finally healed, and look pretty much normal! She doesn't like shoes, however. We'll have to work on that. A little over a week ago, she got a somewhat severe burn on her neck after running into a pan coming out of the oven. She didn't even cry! She has an incredibly high pain tolerance, we've decided. (She pulled all of her stitches out of her feet and never cried, either.) I am so thankful to be working for a dermatologist - I called her right away and she said that since the burn didn't blister, to put 1% Hydrocortisone cream on it and alternate that with Vaseline. So there you go, folks - Burn Treatment 101. Her neck is healing nicely, but it's still ooky looking in the crease, probably because she moves around so much! It will leave a dark pigmented scar, but hopefully it will fade over time. In the meantime, we're just waiting to see what injuries lie ahead.

Well, that's about it. Not much going on, but it's been a while since I posted so I thought I should check in. We're so blessed in our lives, and we're learning to catch the curve-balls that tend to come our way. Now, if we can just get Georgia a helmet, or a burn-suit, or shin-guards... I'll have to look into that!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I wish we could go camping now!-oh well. Spring & summer will be here before we know it. Now if we can just keep everyone healthy & uninjured we will be set. So sorry about the burn, but Georgia is proving again just how tough and sassy she is.

Jerolyn and Matt said...

It sounds like life is going well for you guys! We're also researching getting a camp trailer. We're hoping this is our year, but we'll see! Thankfully Matt can get good deals on them through his work, so we're excited! Well, hope things continue to stay busy! Take care! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your comment. I can't believe how much time has flown. I haven't seen you in such a long time. It's so sad. Once everything gets calm around here, we will for sure plan something.

I can't believe little Gibson, the baby I babysat, is FOUR!!! Where does the time Go? I am so glad to see pictures of him, and he's so adorable. I still haven't met Georgia and I am sad about that. I will make it right.

Love ya,
Wendy