Tuesday, April 14, 2009

We Won!!

It's official - and it's BIG!! Let me start from the beginning (it's a short story, I promise)...

Ever since we bought our house, there has only been one thing about it that has been difficult to deal with - the kitchen. It is very small, has very little counter space, and the lighting is terrible. But, we deal with it because a new kitchen would cost oodles of $ that we don't have. Whenever I get discouraged or bored, I think of ways to make our house amazing, and thanks to my dad - who is a home designer - I can really get creative. Fast forward to February...

At the end of February, I was feeling like redoing the kitchen (on paper, not in reality). My dad came over and sketched out a few possibilities, and we really REALLY got excited about the prospects of an amazing new open concept living room, dining room, kitchen area. Luckily, the home remodeling show was going on that weekend, so I got a babysitter and went with my parents. We found countertops and flooring that I love, but searched and searched for the perfect cabinet color and style. Then we turned a corner and "Aaahhhh" (that's a choir singing) there it was! The kitchen of my dreams. I took my mom over and said, "This is it! It's perfect!" The sales rep said, "Oh, you like this kitchen? Would you like to enter to win it?" I entered, of course, but left feeling defeated since I've never won anything in my life. Nothing. Fast forward to this morning...

I got a call from Gold Medallion's sales manager, and...WE WON!!!! The kitchen of my dreams - well, just the cabinets - but wooohooo! So, now we get to start tearing out walls, flooring, and the existing cabinets. It's going to be a HUGE project, but so worth it! I'm so excited!!

6 comments:

.. said...

Sweet! That is so awesome! Make sure to take pictures of the before and after so we can see it! i am getting a new kitchen next Tuesday! And a new house for that matter so we can celebrate our new kitchens together! Ha ha!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Awesome!! That is a BIG deal. Good luck with your new project... post some pictures!

Kelli said...

All I can say is NO WAY! That is so very cool. Can wait to see the finished project!

Danielle said...

Wow Britt, that is AWESOME!! Good for you!! I am way happy for you...that is so exciting...can't wait to see it!

marianne walker said...

Congrats! That is really cool that you get the remodel you want. Cabinets are so expensive- way to go!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your winnings. I am so happy for you. Sounds like things are going smashingly well. I especially loved the venting. You're such a great mom. Hang in there. :o)

We so need to see each other I haven't seen you in over two years. What's up with that? Really?